Title: TWELVE SECRETS OF MOTIVATION
- Specific, definite time
- Write it down
- Share it with someone you trust completely
(visualize and constantly update one’s goals)
- SUCCESS EQUALS GOALS PLUS “HARD WORK”
- For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
- Hard work must be persistent to accomplish worthwhile long term goals---any great piano player, musician, scholar, Olympic athlete or business leader who was ever successful in history required persistent hard work tied to long term goals.
- THE IMPORTANCE OF “READING” (CONSTANTLY GROWING IN ONE’S FIELD, IMPROVING)
- Must control TV watching
- Listening to cassette tapes while driving in a car, etc.
- “Leaders are Readers”
- The only difference between a person now and five years from now is the books they read and the people they meet. –C. Jones
- One of the greatest correlates to success is a good vocabulary. A good vocabulary comes only from reading.
- THE IMPORTANCE OF “COMMUNICATION” AND SUCCESS
- 80 percent of success in every job or profession is due to one’s communication skills.
- (Communication involves speaking and also “listening”-the most important part.)
- Toastmasters International
- Dale Carnegie Courses
- Books, cassettes, etc. on better communication
- LEARNING BY REPETITION
- (Old fashioned learning-the three “R’s”)
- As opposed to “traumatic” learning (the storming of the U.S. Embassy in Iran or the assassination of J.F.K.)
- GOING THE EXTRA MILE
- Doing a little extra in everything you do makes a large difference in the degree of your success.
- Being enthusiastic in all that you do makes you pleasant to work with and opens doors and opportunities.
- POSITIVE MENTAL THINKING
- As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he. –Jesus Christ
- What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. –W. Clement Stone
- USING TIME WISELY
- Leaders don’t waste time.
- Use every golden minute.
- Get up 30 minutes earlier to start the day off right.
- Cassettes while driving, bathing, shaving, etc.
- ESTABLISH DAILY REGULAR QUIET TIME “INCREASES CREATIVITY”
- Regular renewal.
- Praying, dreaming, meditating, jogging, etc.
- DO ALL IN A SPIRIT OF “LOVE”
- “The secret to happiness is to lose oneself in others” –Kathleen Prather
- The “double win concept” –Dr. Denis Waitley (when I help you I win too!)
- You can have anything you want in life if you help enough people get what they want. –Zig Zigler
- (The “King’s Cupbearer” story)
- By using your God-given talents to help/love others you are empowered with God’s guiding grace.
- “I will greet each day with love in my heart. And how will I look upon all whom I meet. In only one single way. I will look them in the eye and I will say to myself, “I love you”, I will greet each day with love in my heart and I will succeed.” –Og Mandino
- SELF-IMAGE—UP TO YOU
- Psychocybernetics (Positive self-image psychology) –Dr. Maxwell Maltze
- SUCCESS IS “OK”
- Don’t fear it, it’s there and deserving for all.
- Always try and give something back whenever you can through service and love.
- Pray about everything, worry about nothing, and always thank God when he answers your prayers. –St. Paul/Phillippians
Og Mandino: “THE GREATEST SALESMAN IN THE WORLD”
Maxwell Maltze: “PSYCHOCYBERNETICS”
Norman Vincent Peale: “THE POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING”
Zig Zigler: “TOP PERFORMANCE”
Denis Waitley: “SEEDS OF GREATNESS”
Dr. Wayne Dyer: “THE SKY’S THE LIMIT”
SUGGESTED BOOKS AND TAPES TO KEEP THE BATTERIES CHARGED
1.The Bible—especially the teachings of Jesus in the Gospels
2.Anything from Nightingale/Conant (1-800-323-5552)
3.Any books from Dr. Norman Vincent Peale (especially—“The Power of Positive Thinking”)
4.Any books from Dr. Denis Waitley (especially—“Seeds of Greatness” and “The Double Win”)
5.Any books from Og Mandino (especially—“The Greatest Salesman in the World”, “The Greatest Miracle in the World”, “The University of Success”, “The Choice”, and “The Christ Commission)
6.Any books by Maxwell Maltze (especially—“Psychocybernetics” and “The Power of Self-Image Psychology”)
7.Anything by Dr. David Schwartz (especially—“The Magic Power of Thinking Big”)
8.Any books by Dr. Wayne Dyer (especially—“The Sky’s the Limit”)
9.Any books by Zig Zigler (especially—“Top Performance” and “See You at the Top”)
10.Any good books on predicting the future and preparing for the future, such as, “Megatrends” by John Naisbeth
11.Any books by Marvin Cetron, including, “Jobs of the Future” and (soon to be released) “Into the 21st Century: Long-Term Trends Affecting the United States”.
12.Any good motivation magazines such as:
Success Magazine (1-800-234-7324)
Futurist Magazine (301-656-8274)
Insight (journal and tape) Earl Nightingale
13.A few other classics that are worth reading:
“Think and Grow Rich” by Napoleon Hill
“As a Man Thinketh” by James Allen