Title: THE MEANING OF SUCCESS
Category: InspirationThe 3 M's of Motivation
1. Find a Mission
2. Inspire yourself with Mentors
3. Go the extra Mile
Five Secrets for a More Successful Life
1. The secret to Success -- Goals/Hard Work
2. The secret to Happiness -- "To lose yourself in service to others"
3. The secret to Career Satisfaction:
a) Go into a field you love.
b) Don't be afraid to change.
4. The secret to Relationships/Marriage:
b) Attentive Listening
5. The secret of Success in Education -- Pay the price of repetition in learning
10 "PEARLS FOR GREATER SUCCESS"
1. Love is the only way to real peace and fulfillment.
2. "Readers are Leaders" (Control TV)
3. Listeners are the best communicators.
Communication skills equal 80% of business or professional success.
4. A good vocabulary correlates with success in most professions.
5. Creativity: Quiet environment, time for reflection, Baroque music.
6. Develop the "Whole Person" (e.g. be well rounded)
7. Enthusiasm makes the difference.
8. PMA - Associate with positive individuals/fill your day with positive thoughts, music, etc.
9. "What you see is what you get" (the power of positive imagery)
10. Entrepreneurs are risk takers.
Don't be afraid to fail; "go for it."
Paraphrased from the book, "The Greatest Salesman in the World" by Og Mandino
"I will greet this day with love in my heart. And how will I look upon all whom I meet? In only one single way. I will look them in the eye and I will say in my heart, I love you. I will greet this day and every day with love in my heart and I will succeed."
Paraphrased from the book, "The Greatest Miracle in the World" (The God Memorandum) by Og Mandino
"And now the laws of happiness and success are three:
(1) Count your blessings! (2) Proclaim your rarity! (3) Go another mile.
Be patient in your progress. To count your blessings with gratitude, to proclaim your rarity with pride, and to go the extra mile and then another. These acts are not accomplished in the blinking of an eye. Yet, that which you acquire with most difficulty you retain the longest; as those who have earned a fortune are more careful of it than those by whom it was inherited.
I gave you the power to think.
I gave you the power to love.
I gave you the power to will.
I gave you the power to laugh.
I gave you the power to imagine.
I gave you the power to create.
I gave you the power to plan.
I gave you the power to speak.
I gave you the power to pray.
The fourth great law of happiness and success...(4) Use wisely, your power of choice.
Choose to love...rather than to hate.
Choose to laugh...rather than to cry.
Choose to create...rather than destroy.
Choose to persevere...rather than to quit.
Choose to praise...rather than to gossip.
Choose to heal...rather than to wound.
Choose to give...rather than to steal.
Choose to act...rather than to procrastinate.
Choose to grow...rather than to rot.
Choose to pray...rather than to curse.
Choose to live...rather than to die.
Now you know that your misfortunes were not my will, for all power was vested in you, and the accumulation of deeds and thought which placed you on the refuse of humanity were your doing, not mine. My gifts of power were too large for your small nature. Now you have grown tall and wise and the fruits of the land will be yours.
You are more than a human being, you are a human becoming.
You are capable of great wonders. Your potential is unlimited. Who else, among my creatures, has conquered gravity, has pierced the heavens, has conquered disease and pestilence and drought?
Never demean yourself again!
Never settle for the crumbs of life!
Never hide your talents, from this day hence!
Remember the child who says, "When I am a big boy." But what is that? For the big boy says, "When I grow up." And then grown up, he says, "When I am wed." But to wed, what is that, after all? The thought changes to
when I retire." And then, retirement comes, and he looks back over the landscape traversed; a cold wind sweeps over it and somehow he has missed it all and it is gone.
Enjoy this day, today...and tomorrow, tomorrow.